free logo design

Friday, November 5, 2010

Daily Food Journal November 3, 2010

I know that I've been in a food rut.  But it's been a delicious rut.  I'm very very excited to have discovered a meal that I can feed to friends and family that aren't freaks like me, (i.e a hyphen monster: gluten-free dairy-free egg-free mostly meat-free.)  And they love the food!  I'm talking about the vegetable Thai dish that I serve over rice noodles.  I use coconut milk as a base and there are never any leftovers.  Plus the spicy factor is non-existent so I can serve it to my non-spicy loving friends.  I'm going to do my first giveaway in the next few days and giveaway a complete Thai meal, worth about $20.  But the great thing is, the meal will last all week.  Have your friends over and see what I mean.  They won't even notice they're being fed a vegan gluten-free dish.  I'm off topic.  My food journal:

Breakfast:
The family ate Pumpkin pancakes while I had homemade applesauce and acorn squash

Lunch:
I had more squash and applesauce since Jeff didn't come home for lunch.

Dinner:
We were invited to a friend's for dinner, so I offered to bring the food.  I know this diet is extremely intimidating, and since we just love to be around people for food, we don't care who makes it, I thought it would be easier to just bring the dish.  And what did I make?  Oh yeah, Thai Vegetable Sauce over rice noodles.  I even brought chopsticks.

They loved it, and I was very happy.  We loved our time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment