free logo design

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Gluten Free Won't make you skinny!

A word to anyone who's thinking about going on a gluten free diet for weight loss.  Don't do it.  It is such a major pain in the butt and it won't work.  Actually, I put on five pounds since our family went gluten free and that was a year ago and I am STILL trying to get it off.
Here's a few things that are gluten free that will make you fat:
  1. Butter
  2. Salt
  3. Oil
  4. Sugar
  5. Corn Syrup
  6. Hydrogenated Oils
  7. Some Ice Creams (Haagen Daas, Ben and Jerry's, the flavors without gluten mix ins)
  8. Bacon
  9. Flourless Chocolate Cake (anyone else getting hungry yet?)
  10. Gelato (No, it is not ice cream.  It gets it's own category based on the awesomeness rating.  It gets a one-million on the awesomeness index.)
So there you go.  Personally I blame the sugar, butter and ice cream on my weight gain.  However, our family is now on a hypoallergenic diet since cutting out gluten wasn't enough for my husband's particular GI tract.  Nope.  It is a total snob.  So, now, we're cutting out dairy, processed sugar, eggs, meats, and on and on and on.  Basically we've become vegans that eat fish.
I'll write more on the substitutions I've used in future posts.  But the good news is, there's no where those five pounds can hide on this diet.
Right?
Riiiigght????

No comments:

Post a Comment