|Carrot Cake, anyone?|
Gluten/Dairy/Egg Free Carrot Cake
4 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
12 Tablespoons water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup applesauce
2 cups brown sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup cornstarch
1 cup white rice flour
1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups grated carrots
1 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan, or 2 circle cake pans.
- In a large bowl, beat together the flaxseed meal, water, oil, applesauce, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, blend the cornstarch, white rice flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture while beating on low. Blend on medium to high after all the flour is in, until well blended. Stir in the carrots and pineapple. Pour into prepared pan(s).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Let it cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cool, frost the cake
1 1/2 cup raw cashews
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla
- Place the cashews, honey, water and vanilla in a blender or food processor. Blend until desired consistency, adding more water as needed.
- Spread all over your cake, cinnamon roll, toast, or use it as a dip for apples.