free logo design

Friday, October 29, 2010

Daily Food Journal Day 7: Oct 28, 2010

I spent all day baking and making the rest of my homemade applesauce.  The second batch turned out way better than the first, by the way.  I cooked it longer on a lower temperature since my ancient electric stove only has LOW MED and HIGH...no joke.  But it's a fun challenge to work with her.  Besides, as my friend, Caroline says, she has sexy curvy legs.
So here's what an exciting culinary day looked like in the Stewart household.

Breakfast:  Leftover Pumpkin Pancakes
(If you can't tell already, I live and die by leftovers.)

Lunch:
SMORGASBOARD!!
I love these days.  It's like leftover heaven, (or hell) where we each get our favorite leftover pile of mush for lunch.  Basically it's eat it before it goes bad day.
I had the Creamy Vegan Potato Soup, the kids and Jeff had brown rice penne noodles, white rice and chips with yellow tail and homemade Vegan Crock Pot Refried Beans for dip. 

Dinner:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches.
I know what you're thinking.  "P B & J, huh?  Wow, fancy."

Whatever.  This is absolutely a gourmet treat in my family.  This is no i-ran-out-of-time-so-here's-something-slopped-together-for-dinner.  No.  This bread was handcrafted and lovingly prepared by me.  It rose for forty minutes before it baked for twenty.  I kneaded it together before it was in the womb of the oven.

I get sentimental over my breads.

So this bread I used, I want to tell you about.  I was very impressed with the texture.  It's called Gluten Free Pantry French Bread.  If you're vegan, beware of the sandwich bread type.  It has milk in it. 

So, let me show you what this bread does...
Huh?  Huh?  What'd I tell ya?
And check out the sponge-o-meter factor...
THIS is GLUTEN-FREE!?!?
So, I let the kids judge first...
I think we found a winner.  Now I have to find out a way to duplicate the mix so I can save cash....
I love a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment