These cookies are perfect to bring over to someone's home if you'll be away this Thanksgiving. You can even stow them in your luggage if you have to make a flight. Yummy.
|Photo by Crystl|
Gluten-Free/Egg-Free/Dairy-Free Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup white rice flour
- ¼ cup masa flour (or sorghum flour)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten-free kind)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup melted butter (or dairy-free margarine)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (15 oz.) can pureed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (12 oz) packages chocolate chips (or dairy free chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheet.
- Mix cornstarch, rice flour, masa flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, flaxseed meal, water and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Move to wire rack to cool. Serve warm.